- Contact details of the Data Controller and the Data Protection Officer
Chiesi, as Data Controller, can be contacted at the address indicated in the header or at the email address of the Data Protection Officer pointed out below.
Chiesi's Data Protection Officer, who is responsible for overseeing compliance with the GDPR, is available to respond to requests from Users regarding the processing of personal data and can be contacted at the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Categories of personal data processed
To enable Users to visit, consult and use the Site and Services, as well as to conclude and establish a contractual relationship with Chiesi and to enable participation in the Initiative, We collect and process the following categories of personal data concerning the User as well as data provided by Users (e.g., data relating to other team members who worked on the Submissions with which you are participating in the Call for Proposals)
- Identification and contact information, such as first name, surname, date of birth, e-mail address, postal address, telephone number, User ID, country, education (e.g. degree course and subject, postgraduate course, master's degree), discipline;
- Browsing data, such as connection data; IP addresses, domain names, and other parameters relating to the browser and operating system you use; log data; etc;
- Purpose and legal basis of processing
Chiesi processes the personal data of Users and any third parties involved on the following legal grounds and for the following purposes:
a. To fulfil Chiesi's contractual obligations and/or to respond to Users' requests:
- To enable Users to browse the Site;
- Allowing Users to participate in the Call for Ideas (including the communication activities, via e-mail and/or telephone, strictly related to the conduct of the Call for Ideas), administrative management of the Call for Ideas and the drawing up of the rankings, the payment of the Prizes awarded;
- Institutional communications to local authorities, media and press concerning the outcome of the Initiative, which may include the names of the User and the members of the project team;
- Manage the registration and account management phases of Users' accounts (including any account verification and recovery of account credentials, where applicable) and the use of account-related features;
- Provide support and customer service activities.
Failure to provide the necessary data for the purposes listed above will result in ineligibility to participate in the Initiative and therefore ineligibility to receive any Prizes awarded.
b. To comply with legal obligations:
- Compliance activities, also concerning the Call for Ideas;
- Administrative and accounting management;
- Management of and response to requests from the competent administrative and tax authorities, as well as the judicial authorities;
- Any other activity expressly required by law that involves the processing of Users' personal data.
c. To pursue a legitimate interest of Chiesi or a third party:
- Sending on-time or periodic e-mail communications relating to Chiesi initiatives of social promotion, active participation, civic interest, etc., or in any case similar to the spirit of the Initiative.
- Possible research and development activities;
- Exercise of the right of defense;
- Sharing of data with other companies in the Chiesi Group.
Processing carried out based on the legitimate interest of Chiesi or a third party will only take place on condition that the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject are not overridden. For further information, please see the section below entitled "Rights of the Data Subject".
The processing of data for the purposes described above will be carried out using paper, computer, and telematic tools, in such a way as to guarantee security and confidentiality under the provisions on the security of processing.
- Categories of subjects to whom data may be communicated
In compliance with the principles of purpose limitation and data minimization, Users' personal data may be communicated to the following third parties who carry out activities functional to those related to Chiesi's Services and/or within the scope of the execution of the Call for Ideas, such as (a) officials of supervisory bodies in relation to the Initiative; (b) third parties such as newspapers, radio, television, websites; (c) third party providers who assist and support Chiesi with reference to activities in the sectors of (by way of example only) technology, accounting, administration, legal, insurance; (d) public subjects and authorities whose right to access personal data is expressly recognized by law, regulations or provisions issued by the competent authorities.
- Transfer of your personal data outside the European Economic Area
In the event that, for the purposes indicated, we need to transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area to countries that do not ensure an adequate level of guarantee for the protection of personal data, Chiesi will take the necessary measures to protect your personal data, in compliance with legal guarantees such as, for example, the standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission.
If you wish to obtain further information regarding the transfers carried out, as well as the guarantees in place, and to request a copy of them, you may contact the Data Protection Officer in the manner indicated in this notice.
- Retention of data
As soon as the data is no longer necessary to pursue the purposes listed above, Chiesi will delete or anonymise this personal data.
- Rights of data subjects
- obtain confirmation of the existence of personal data processing and access to its content (right of access);
- update, amend, and/or rectify personal data (right of rectification);
- request the deletion or restriction of the processing of personal data processed in violation of the law, including data whose storage is not necessary in relation to the purposes for which the data was collected or otherwise processed (right to deletion and right to restriction), unless there is an overriding public interest or a legal obligation for Chiesi to store the data;
- in the case of processing based on legitimate interest, the User may object to the processing for reasons related to his/her particular situation, unless Chiesi has an overriding legitimate reason for continuing the processing (right to object); in any case, the User may object to Chiesi's e-mail communications based on legitimate interest and relating to Chiesi's initiatives - other than the Initiative referred to in the Call for Ideas - for social promotion, active participation, civic interest, etc;
- where applicable, obtain an electronic copy of the personal data concerning you, in order to transmit it to yourself or to a different service provider, in the event that Chiesi processes this data on the basis of your consent or on the basis that the processing is necessary for the provision of the services you have requested and the data is processed by automated means (right to data portability)
- withdraw your consent, where given, to any marketing activity, without this affecting the lawfulness of the activities carried out up to that point.
Lastly, if the User considers that there has been a violation of the data protection legislation, he/she may at any time lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Authority, whose website is www.garanteprivacy.it.